Here, we provide you with a general overview of the Australia Permanent Resident (PR) visa process. Please note that immigration policies and procedures can change, so I recommend checking the official Australian government website or consulting with a registered migration agent for the most up-to-date information. Here’s a step-by-step guide to the Australia PR visa process:
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility
Before applying for an Australian Permanent Resident visa, ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria. Common PR visa categories include Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189), Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190), Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 491), Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186), and Partner Visa.
Step 2: Skill Assessment
For skilled migration visas, you’ll typically need to have your skills assessed by a relevant assessing authority. This involves providing evidence of your qualifications and work experience.
Step 3: Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Create or log in to your SkillSelect account on the Australian Government’s SkillSelect website.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect system. Provide information about your skills, work experience, and other relevant details. Indicate the visa subclass you are interested in.
Step 4: Receive an Invitation
If you meet the eligibility criteria and have a competitive score, you may receive an invitation to apply for the PR visa. Invitations are usually based on factors like age, English language proficiency, work experience, and more.
Step 5: Lodging the Visa Application
- Upon receiving an invitation, log in to your SkillSelect account.
- Check your EOI status on your SkillSelect dashboard to confirm the invitation.
- Proceed to lodge your visa application online through the ImmiAccount portal. Provide detailed information, supporting documents, and pay the required visa application fee.
Step 6: Health and Character Checks
You and any accompanying family members will need to undergo health examinations and provide police clearance certificates to prove good character.
Step 7: Visa Decision
After your application is submitted and all required documentation is provided, the Australian immigration authorities will review your application. Processing times can vary depending on the visa category and other factors.
Step 8: Visa Grant
If your application is approved, you’ll receive a visa grant notification. This will outline the conditions of your visa, including your rights and obligations as a permanent resident.
Step 9: Check EOI Status (Integration)
- Log in to your SkillSelect account using your registered username and password.
- Access your SkillSelect dashboard to view your current Expression of Interest(s).
- Check the status of your EOI, including any received invitations to apply for a visa.
- If needed, update your EOI with new information related to your skills or circumstances.
For the most accurate and up-to-date information on the Australia PR visa process, including eligibility criteria, required documents, and application fees, please visit the official website of the Australian Department of Home Affairs: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/